Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Gratitude Journal

I can't believe we are already 4 days into a new year! I had an idea of making a small Gratitude Journal that fit in my purse and was maybe not as time consuming to keep up like I know some can be. It's a very basic little book that you can jot down good things that happen in a day, or quotes you see and want to use later and maybe just a few reminders to yourself about how great you are!

So for my Mixed Media Mojo project today I used an old chipboard book I had kicking around and added some pizazz to the covers! Don't forget to head over to the original post at Mixed Media Mojo and enter your project!

Front cover

Inside front cover

Inside back cover

Back cover

I coated the chipboard with a layer of gesso first, I just find it gives me a better surface to work on. I then cut my paper from Wild Whisper Designs Holiday Style collection into 4 1/2 X 4 1/2 squares. Once my gesso was dry I painted the covers in Dylusions Crushed Grape.

I stamped my Emerald Creek Vintage Timepiece with Distress Embossing ink and used Emerald Creek Frosted Plum. I mixed Ranger Texture Paste with Dylusions Black marble and stencilled on the front and back pieces of cardstock. I painted over the front and back covers with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in Clear Rock Candy. ialso inked all the edges of my papers in Vintage Photo.

On the inside covers I embossed around the edges with Frosted plum. Your lines don't have to be perfect as the 4 1/2 inch squares of paper will cover most of it. On the front cover I attached a Flourished time Piece Charm from Emerald Creek, I put in a 3/4 inch piece of matching paper inside it, then filled it with Glossy Accents and some Iced Enamels German Glass in lavender. The last square is a quick shot of all the products I used for the journal.

Here are a few close up pics of the covers.




Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you share your projects celebrating NEW and CLOCKS with us!


Have a great day!
Cathy 

Challenges Entered:
Frilly and Funkie New Year's Inspiration

5 comments:

  1. Great way to start the New Year Cathy! Love the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Cathy and you have created it perfectly

    Hilda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gratitude journal! Love that it is a small portable size to keep with you when you want to jot a thought down. Thanks for joining us in the Frilly and Funkie New Year challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little journal with great sentiments to keep you inspired. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is super and filled with inspiration for the year! Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie for the New Years Inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~