Monday, January 16, 2017

Are You Ready?

It is that time of year again, when suppliers, designers, retailers etc get together and see what's new for 2017!! And exciting new things showed up in my Design Team package for Emerald Creek!! New stamps, new embossing powders and some favorites and these new amazing stones! I can tell you right now that yes, yes you do need them! I already need more!



I knew as soon as I got my first ever Eileen Hull die that this was going to be the base for this project!
Emerald Creek embossing powders go with everything! And this is no different.

I embossed the hinges and latch with Emerald Creek Hammered Metal! It really is one of my favorites EVER!

The roses in their original state on the left and then altered and ready on the right. Stained with the same colours as the box and then embossed with Emerald Creek Charred Gold! Another favorite, it just gives the perfect vintagey vibe.


I used EC cardstock and cut out another set from the die. The cardstock pieces I stained in Tea Dye and Dusty Concord. I used Ranger Embossing Ink through the TH stencil Flourish and embossed it with Emerald Creek Charred Gold. 

I edged my flowers in Charred Gold as well. Look at the texture and colour you can get in one custom embossing powder!

You can see the Amethyst stones on  the corners of the lid and Moissonite as screw tops on the hinges. Everything just works together.

I think everyone needs a jewel encrusted trinket box! Amethyst on the corners and Pyrite as fasteners on the latch.
 
And the hinges work so you can actually use it...perfect spot for all the new little things coming soon from Emerald Creek!

I used flowers and some chipboard and embossed them in Charred Gold so they all looked aged and vintagey, and to change up the small ivory flowers, I embossed them with Champagne.






Thank you so much for stopping by and having a sneak peek of what's coming from Emerald Creek at CHA's Creativation! Hope to meet some of you there!

Please stop by my team mates blogs and see their incredible projects too! Grab a cup of coffee or tea and get comfortable, you do not want to miss any of this week's projects!


Products Used: 
Amethyst Stones - coming soon!
Pyrite Stones - coming soon!
Moissonite Stones - coming soon!
Eileen Hull Train Case Die by Sizzix

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the amethyst stones on the corners .. lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome 3D project Cathy! I love how you've combined the different powders.
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, this is nothing short of amazing! Your use of the powders is fabulous, especially clever on the flowers--I would never have thought of that! I really do love the Hammered Metal and Charred gold, but then I love EVERY ONE of Kim's powders! I'm impressed you knew the names of the stones, too! Glorious make! Thank you for all your support of my work and my blog--it truly makes me feel special! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~