Monday, January 30, 2017

Creativation and Winter Hues

WOW!! I didn't post at all last week. All my posting was on Instagram and Facebook as I encountered my first ever Creativation...more on that to come!!
I also got back into my craft room and did a small canvas for The Frilly and Funkie Winter Hues Challenge. Now the hues are winter but the message is one of thanks and memories. Being a part of the Design Team for Emerald Creek allowed me to be at the show and meet some of the most incredibly talented and kind people ever! But first pics of the project!
6X6 canvas, gesso'd, painted, stencilled, embossed, distress sprayed and the flowers were edged in Hammered Metal embossing powder from Emerald Creek.
  Just a few close ups of my project to show some of the details.


Emerald Creek charm, embossed teh inside with Hammered Metal, then layered int he "thank you" poured in Glossy Accents and added some of the new stones from Emerald Creek.
A little shout out to Creativation in the bottom corner

Little resin fairy in the corner, lightly painted with irridescent shimmer from the Dylusions line.



I did my project with the challenge in mind but also as a thank you for the amazing people that I got to meet and the incredible time I had at my first ever show.

The show started with this amazing team!


 I also had the pleasure/honour of meeting some of my crafting idols!! These ladies were so incredibly kind and made me feel so welcome. I'm still fangirling a bit because well....look at all this talent!!

Karen is the Queen of selfies, which is good because my arms are too damn short!! LOL It was so amazing to meet her and feel so welcome! You need to follow Karen's blog at http://karenbearse.blogspot.ca/

Yes that is Anita, aka The Artful Maven, so excited when I saw her. I was trying to be cool and calm...LOL Didn't happen!! I love her work and it was a big deal! Her blog is at The Artful Maven Haven

Got the chance to meet Jenny at Anita's demo desk!! Seriously too much excitement in one place...I'm such a dork when it comes to meeting this incredibly talented people that I look up too and respect! Jenny's blog is a also a must follow at http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.ca/

And just hanging out in the Emerald Creek booth with all these talented ladies!!



Much more to come from Creativation but I had to share some of it now! At home, still kind of sinking in but one of the highlights of my life! So much talent and kindness and welcoming from people that totally understand when you just have to touch the paper!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!
Have an amazing week!
Cathy

Challenge Entered: Frilly and Funkie Winter Hues

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Love the winter blue hues! Your canvas has such a special icy feel to it. Love the blue flowers with the touches of gold. It sounds like you have a fabulous time at Creativation! So happy you got to meet our Jenny! And thank you for playing along with our Winter Hues challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I almost missed this post--still trying to figure out how to use this following thing, so I'm going to switch over to the other way I see on your sidebar.

    Beautiful canvas made with so much love and excitement for the Creativation show! I adored seeing your photos here, especially of the EC team--how lucky you are to get to meet them all and Karen, Anita and Jenny! Wish I could have been there (except for that dreadful cold so many caught). I want to know if anyone gave that hug to Tim I passed on? :):) Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwh bless ya Cathy! It was such a joy to meet you and all of the Emerald Creek team. Thank you so much for the lovely shout out, and thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas with lots of winter colours. Glad you had a blast at the show and got to meet Jenny - she is a gem, isn't she? Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is gorgeous! I can almost feel the winter chill in the air. I love your photos, especially the one of you and Jenny. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~