Friday, October 7, 2016

It's Time...

to start thinking about Christmas! I know I know, we haven't even hit Halloween yet, but some people make dozens upon dozens of cards for the holiday to send out! I am not that adventurous and I just make a few for family and close friends (if I even get that many made lol) and this year I am making simple cards for a craft fair. But these new images from Emerald Creek are so amazing, I had to play a little!

I wanted to keep things simple so the stamp was the focal point here. I used my Distress Crayons to colour over the image after I stamped it in Black Archival. I tore around the image and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo, and used my Distress Marker in Candied Apple to watercolour the red on the image.
 
Added a small chipboard music note from Southern Ridge Trading Company, also inked and coloured with Distress Crayons and Distress Ink.

Tied some hemp twine around the front of the card and kept it neutral colours. The plaid background paper was from the Tim Holtz stack from last year.

Very simple supplies used and made the stamped image the focal point.

I love how this turned out!
Thank you for stopping by and having a look! Stay tuned for another Christmas card idea and coming up soon, a new blog post from Emerald Creek with new projects from the Design Team!

Have a great weekend!!
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. I am just in love with this! Itching for the mail to run! LOL! Great inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it. You created magic with it Cathy!!! Absolutely love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! It would take me FOREVER to try & make this!!
    *dreamy sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~