Sunday, October 2, 2016

Circles In Class

This post is doing double duty for me today. I wanted to share this amazing class I took at my LSS, Clipper Street and I wanted to create a project to show at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Going Round in Circles
I love taking classes with Stacey of Stacey Wakelin Designs! We learn so many techniques and ways to use products and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. She is informative, positive, supportive and if there is something you aren't liking about your project she helps you find a way to change it. My sister and I have taken two canvas classes with her and have really enjoyed the class and spending time together!

Everyone in class received packages of letters (well some went without due to backorders) and that is what some people used to add their words inside the embroidery hoops. We were shown how to age them and paint them to make them more vintagey and less shiny. I didn't have the stickers which worked out fine with me, I knew I had these little wooden words at home and was going to use them. 
 We started with a blank canvas board and just added our colour, texture, stamped images, tissue images, more paint one layer at a time. We used the Tim Holtz Grit Paste, first time for me, and I love it!! Gorgeous texture, dries quite quickly and takes colour nicely too!

I also brought my buttons home to finish up because I love my Hammered Metal, Burnt Copper Leaves and Charred Gold embossing powder from Emerald Creek. I used those powders on all my buttons and I just love the swirly texturey look I get. 

Gorgeous metallics to finish the buttons  
I painted my little wooden letters to match the Dylusions Paints I used on the canvas. And I had more white space than I wanted for my paper background so I went around the piece with my Fallen Blossom stamps from Nicole Wright Designs.
Lovely stamped Finnabair butterfly on tissue paper and some mica flakes for shine and the fantastic Grit paste in the background too.
It was a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours on Sunday, hanging out with my sister, Stacey, getting messy and painty and having a canvas that I love to bring home!





Thanks for stopping by and have a really great week!
Cathy

Challenges Entered:

 

1 comment:

  1. I love these vibrant colors and the overlapping circles. I especially love the button filled circle. So clever! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Frilly and Funkie "going round in circles" challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~