Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tag #10 - Tim Holtz Tags of 2016

Woot Woot!! Got my October tag done!! Wasn't sure I was going to pull this one off since I didn't have the supplies for one of the techniques! It took me a bit but I found a semi compromise so I could do the top layer of this tag! And I also skipped Halloween again and went straight to Christmas! I promise...next year I'll do Halloween!! I hope to have more seasonal things next year!

Tag #10!! I can hardly believe I made it this far! LOL Unfortunately I do not have any of the Monster dies and am not able to get them before they retire. But I did manage to get the cardinal die from Simon Says Stamp when I won a GC for there! The cardinal doesn't cover as much of the tag as the monsters do, so I did 3 of them and layered them! 

I ran the cardinals through my Big Shot with the poinsettia embossing folder and instead of using paint, I just used my Distress Crayon to rub over the emobssed parts. Because the silver I had was not a foil or metallic, the paint just soaked in (on the very bottom layered cardinal so you can't see it), so I improvised! I glue the bottom cardinal on flat them added the red and top silver with pop dots for dimension.



I added my Emerald Creek snowflake charm with some hemp twine and just tucked the other end of the twine under the cardinal.

My little steampunk tree from Emerald Creek had to make an appearance too. And omg...I love the crazing medium! I want to do that to everything!

A little saying from one of favorite embellishments, and just cut it to fit in the space I needed it to.



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my October tag! Hope you are all having a great weekend and Happy Halloween!!To see all the other incredible tags head on over to Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 October!

Thank you,
Cathy


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and I so enjoy that you used the cardinal and layered it up. The pops of red with the silver are magical and of course that little snowflake charm and tree are awesome sauce! Wonderful design and resourcefulness on your part to complete the tag with a lovely twist. Wowzers! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardinal looks fabulous layered up Cathy! Fantastic tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~