Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Keepsake For Friends

Wow!! I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week!! I was so busy getting ready for a craft fair and one of my best friends came over for the weekend and just everyday trials and tribulations took over. But I am back today!! 
I wanted to share a canvas I made. It has the spot for someone to add their own picture too it!

This is a 10X10 canvas. I did the background using Tim's Collage medium to adhere a piece of lavender tissue paper, after I had crinkled it up and then spread it out again. I like all the bumps and ridges this gave me. I then took a dry brush and used Picket Fence Distress Paint to just swipe across some of the raised parts so they stood out a bit more.

 
For my flowers I used my Tattered Florals die and the centers of the flowers are done with the Tiny Tattereds! I inked the edges of the flowers with Distress Ink in Dusty Concord and attached them with Glossy Accents.



The stems of the flowers are some sheer lime ribbon I had in my stash then tied them in a bundle with a purple bow. also ribbon from my stash.

The word "Friends" is a chipboard piece from Southern Ridge Trading Company that I embossed with Emerald Creek Dusk Stone Violet Embossing Powder

I love how this one turned out and I'll be sharing a couple more that I have completed over the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~