Friday, November 11, 2016

Tattered Poinsettias

I like how sometimes, a project where I didn't like the outcome, turns into a project that I do love! I was originally using my Tattered Poinsettia die to make simple but pretty ornaments for a craft fair. But when I had one together I just did not like how it looked at all! So after having a little hissy fit, because sometimes I'm mature like that, LOL, I popped the ornaments in half. I took another look at the poinsettias and grabbed some cardstock and got back to work. So instead of ornaments, I ended up with 6 cards that I really like instead.

I was so happy to get this Tattered Poinsettia die from a friend that was no longer going to use it! This set I did with the paper I had in my stash (that I had completely forgotten about) and a shimmery chocolate cardstock. I attached the layers of the poinsettia with pop dots to give it dimension. I also used an vanilla coloured cardstock, not a stark white one. I ran the background pieces through my big shot with the poinsettia embossing folder and then put all the pieces together. The sentiment is in black Soot and it is from the Woodland Winter from Nicole Wright Designs, manufactured by Emerald Creek!

A couple of close up pictures of the poinsettias and the sentiment.







The second batch I did on the same night was in the Vanilla and gold combo. I actually am glad the ornaments didn't turn out because I actually love these cards! :)

The gold paper is also very shimmery like the chocolate is, but I find it very difficult to catch the shimmer with the camera.





I was also excited to find the patterned Christmas paper pad in my stash! Ssshhhhh....I've actually had it since November of 2013!! LOL I only remember that because I got it the fall we moved back to BC and my best friend came over for a weekend in November and we went craft supply shopping. I didn't even have all my stuff from Calgary here yet....BUT I had more craft stuff!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cathy 

Challenges Entered:
Southern Ridge Trading Company - Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Cathy! They feel so Christmasy. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~