Friday, October 21, 2016

Keys to Her Heart

As you know I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival in Calgary near the end of September. One of the stores that was there was Treasured Memories from Edmonton. They have this incredible line of 12X12 scrapbook paper and tags that is custom made with blackened edges. It is absolutely gorgeous and I just had to grab a couple of the pages and some of the tags. I haven't used the tags yet, but I have ideas and I picked this one sheet of paper because I knew I wanted to do an actual scrapbook page of my Mom. I wanted the paper to really be shown so the embellishments leave a lot of the paper showing, it is just beautiful!


The paper is white roses with handwriting in the background and the blackened edges. Treasured Memories has a number of designs in this paper and they are all so pretty.
 
I used the I Love You stamp from my Tim Holtz set (my signed one) and stamped some in Archival black to stand out a bit more and then stamped more in Hickory Smoke.
I painted my Southern Ridge Trading Company Leafy Frame
with Black Soot Distress Paint and then added some embossed spots with Emerald Creek Charred Gold

I used these roses in off white and yellow and the the heart and key represent my Dad in this flower and I got the I love you just in the right spot (okay that was a total fluke lol)

I edged the roses in Irridescent Shimmer Embossing Powder and added one of my favorite charms, the vintagey leaf from Emerald Creek.



And here all the other keys to her heart, a key for each of her children and grandchildren. I did some keys with turquoise and black alcohol ink, some with Charred gold and Oil Rubbed Bronze. I attached them to a chain from one of my Tim Holtz packs of hardware with jump rings from the same set.




And a little dragonfly in the corner to represent the grandson that is already with her.
Thank you so much for stopping by and having a look at this scrapbook page for my Mom, who I miss everyday.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Cathy

Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Crazy Talk Stamp Set
Distress Paint in Black Soot
Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Turquoise and Black
Archival Black Ink
Southern Ridge Trading Company Paper Flowers
Specialty 12X12 Scrapbook Paper from Treasured Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~