Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It's Almost Halloween!

But I'm working on Christmas! I wanted to try out all my new images from Emerald Creek. On this card I used the Woodland Winter from Nicole Wright Designs! This stamp set is awesome and there are 7 stamps in the set! You can layer and build with all the pine boughs and a number of different sayings.

This is center fold card, and the bottom is folded. I used my Tim Holtz paper stash, Yuletide from last year and kept my colours very simple. I used Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and a touch of Tarnished Brass (on the pine cones). I used Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder for Santa's hat, beard and the branch and just used glue to adhere it.

 
You can see a bit of the shimmer, just enough to catch the light.

And a touch of glimmer for Santa's mustache and beard.

Another word image fit just right on the side bar of this card and some extra pine boughs.

I love the little branch with one pine cone that you can stamp and add to the Santa image to add some dimension.




Thanks so much for stopping by and having a peek at Christmas happenings. More to come as I prep canvasses for a craft fair and try to come up with some quick, simple but nice Christmas cards!

Have a great day everyone!
Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! My next card will be featuring this very stamp set :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! My next card will be featuring this very stamp set :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that Santa...I might need that one! Gorgeous card...very old world Christmas and I love that! Thanks for the visit...hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... look at that! I adore your stunning card Cathy! I am beyond thrilled to see you working with it. I love all the layering... YAY!

    The sentiments are awesome how you thought them through :) BRILLIANT and thank you so much for creating such a stunning card with my set. EEK!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~