Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Trifecta of Dies!

I was so excited to be one of the $50 GC winners in the Stamp 'N Scrap Busy Beaver Blog Hop and even more excited when I saw that they had some Seth Apter dies in stock!! You can check out Stamp 'N Scrap and see what they have! Great service and my package was wrapped up so pretty! I had a couple days of work left when I got my package but tonight I played!! 
I really like using canvas boards, but of course I didn't have any....so regular canvas it was. I used a 10X10 canvas and....didn't even gesso it!! I know...who does that? But I couldn't wait so I just started painting. And also...I didn't even clean my brush off between colours!! I'm losing my mind here! LOL Used a completely dry brush for all the colours and my fingers.
I used Seth Apter's Trifecta die on this project and I love it! I can't wait to use the other one I got now! You can get this die at Scrap 'N Stamp HERE or from Seth's website HERE

Here is the finished project featuring Seth's  Trifecta dies, Tim's Distress Paints in Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs.





I cut out the dies, then used them as stencils on the canvas (the Peacock Feathers colour), then painted the dies and added them on. I used some burlap I had on my table and painted that and added it.
I used Ranger clear Texture Paste and a large word stencil for background texture. I also added in some spots some Clear Rock Candy crackle paint. Here are some close ups :)






I then assembled everything and glued most of my bits on with Dina's gel medium. I love that stuff!


The shimmery paint is one of the new ones from Finnabair called Fairy Wings, love it!

So many circles!! One in paint, one die on cardstock and one done on cork.

I need to use more crackle...on everything!! I love this stuff...I forget sometimes that I have something!

Excited to have my first ever Seth Apter Dies!! You can find his designs on his website and follow his creative journey on his blog, here is the link to The Altered Page. Can't wait to get more...I need the drips one next I think! :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone! 

Cathy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~