Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Wedding Season

Over at Mixed Media Mojo we are kicking off wedding season with our newest challenge! The Challenge - Celebrate with the Twist - Weddings! I hope you join in the fun and share your ideas with us!
I know weddings are to celebrate a couple, but seriously, we know it's all about the dress!! :) So my focus was on a designer wedding gown with the help of TH and Distress Oxides, Emerald Creek, Graphic 45 and a TH embossing folder!


Some passionate couples from the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood line and the dress!
 
Ranger paper, Vintage Photo - Oxide, a quick run through my big shot with the TH Roses folder, then a Fired Brick - Oxide over the tops of the roses.

Just got this embossing folder....LOVE it!

I used a small piece of my stash of grunge paper for the dress form, I wanted it to be a bit more firm than just paper as I was going to be adding to it.

Texture paste over this TH stencil and then once it was dry (I let it dry overnight) I smooshed Fired Brick Oxide over it for the skirt parts.

I also ran my Graphic 45 fussy cut images through with the TH roses too.
Yes I did run some paper through with the roses folder for the bodice, and added some of the gorgeous Quartz gemstones from Emerald Creek to add some detail to the waist area.

Trying to stick with my New Year's resolution to use stuff from my stash and not let things just pile up. So I layered these stickers from my stash over the extra bits after I cut out the skirt for the wedding dress.

Working on my texture, but kept it all the same design so it wasn't too overwhelming.

After the dress was done, I spritzed the dress with Wendy Vecchi's Pearl Mica Spray. I love shimmer!

http://mixedmediamojo.blogspot.ca/

Please come and join the fun and share your wedding celebration with us this month! Can't wait to see what everyone creates. Make sure you check out all the amazing creations from the Design Team too, so many ideas, so many different techniques and so many ways people share their take on the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. The wedding day is the most solemn event in the life of any couple in love. I have long dreamed of a good wife and a wedding, but I have not been able to meet women on the street. Then I tried a dating site and it worked. I also advise you to make a click on a reliable dating site to find your favorite soulmate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~