Sunday, July 31, 2016

Tag #7 - Tim Holtz Tags of 2016

Woot woot!!! And again, just in the nick of time my July tag for Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 is done!! Loving all the new things I'm learning and playing along with so many talented people!! It is truly inspiring to see all the different takes on these techniques every month!



I love any chance to use my Distress Sprays and I love the Distress Crayons too, they blend so nicely! And of course, it seems like Emerald Creek always has a product that is just perfect for what I need and this time was no different. I am very fortunate that I get to be a part of the EC Design Team, but I love so many of the products and I use them on almost every single project I do these days. Whether it's a charm, or a stamp or one of the amazing embossing powders, always the perfect fit for me!

I still have this old Stampin Up sand dollar from ages ago and I still love it. Embossing it in San Tropez Tan and Weathered Wood, then colored it with my Distress Crayons and covered it with the Distress Glaze.

Found this old charm from my stash (probably had it for years but it was really shiny gold and it just never worked with anything) and thanks to my Emerald Creek San Tropez Tan it is now the perfect sand dollar!

Used my new thinlits for the words and then embossed "beach" in San Tropez Tan...yes I know I used it alot but it really is the perfect beachy powder! I used my mini dolphins from Southern Ridge Trading Company and colored them with Distress Spray in Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio and then Brushed Pewter over top. And under my word is my starfish painted with Twinkling H2O's for some shimmer even though you can't see them too well.

Very excited to finally have some of this ribbon!! I love the crinkle part of it! I dyed it with the Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Tea Dye.
  Had so much fun with this tag and using the Distress Glaze (that I forgot I had) and the ribbon and my embossing powders and chipboard bits. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Thanks, Cathy 

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning summery tag! Love all the beautiful details and soft colors! Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I enjoyed reading your post and of course, seeing your amazing beach theme take on Tim's July tag (we were both late posters yesterday!) Those sand dollars are stunning and the dolphins are perfect embellishments! Thank you for mentioning the San Tropez Tan; it's now on my shopping list--I love Kim's powders and I can see why you use this a lot!Thank you for sharing this in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute, too. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Tag Cathy! Love the beach theme! Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just 'feel' the pleasure that creating this tag gave to you and it really is a beautiful tag. I love the sand dollar, it looks so textural. The dolphins and fish are wonderful additions! Thank so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabuous tag, love the embossing ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combo, and I love the trio of leaping dolphins! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Frilly and Funkie By the Sea Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippeee! Congratulations on your win at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~