Thursday, September 21, 2017

My First ATC's

I haven't worked on ATC's before so this is another new adventure for me! You can come and play along too at the Mixed Up Mag Mixer Facebook group! Weekly prompts are posted and lots of people play along and there are so many good ideas! And it's great for if you are ever stumped, or feel like your mojo went on vacation without you! Also you can purchase the prompts that will fit right on the back of your ATC from Mixed Up Merchandise on Etsy
Don't miss out on the fun! And don't feel you have to do every week, jump in and out when you want to! It's all for fun and sharing our creativity and ideas!

I have attached my first 4 weeks of the challenge here.


Week 1 Challenge - Use your most recent purchase. Mine was some of the Architexture line from 7 Gypsies, which is what all my little cut outs came from. My ATC is covered in Copper Wax from Finnabair, then I used Glass Bead Gel through a stencil for texture. All my pieces are edged in Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick, and my butterflies are TH rub ons.

Week 2 Challenge - Make circles with your coffee cup. I layered paper from the Architexture line first, edge in Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I did circles with my coffee cup but they didn't stay dark enough so I tried using some coffee grounds to help out.

I still wasn't happy with the circles so I used some Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder from Emerald Creek, but didn't heat emboss it so it looks like grounds :) Added some wings and flowers from TH and some flowers with Emerald Creek gemstones as flower centers.

 
Week 3 Challenge - Use up old alpha or number stickers/die cuts. I found some old die cut letters (the large c and p underneath) and little alphabet stickers in my stash. ATC is done with Distress Oxides and the large letters are embossed in Burnt Copper Leaves and Fractured Ice from Emerald Creek.

This is a bottle cap I ran through my big shot and then added the TH bingo piece and Emerald Creek gemstones.


Week 4 Challenge - Be inspired by words from a song or poem. Atc is coloured with Distress Oxides in Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple and Wild Honey. I attached the ripped sheet music with TH Distress Medium in Vintage. The words are from a song by Warren Zevon that my son chose and was played at my Mom's funeral.

The music note is from Southern Ridge Trading Company and was inked in Distress Oxide in Candied Apple and then embosses with Fractured Ice.

The Week 5 Challenge is up today so come on over and join in the fun! And let's see your ATC's. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying playing along - gorgeous cards and so much variety there. Keep up the good work. Katy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~