Friday, September 1, 2017

It's Back To School Time

Yes...yes folks it is the 1st of September!! What the heck?! Where did the summer go? Well over at Mixed Media Mojo the 1st means it's time for a new challenge! Are you ready to play along with this one? The September challenge is "School Fun" with a "Book" twist! I don't have the Back To School happenings in my house anymore, my baby turned 22 in August. That said, I still browse the supply aisles just in case something needs to come home with me LOL
For my first project for the new challenge I completely redid a pencil case/art supply case. I received some wonderful products from Rita Barakat, I won a giveaway she had, and put them to good use! 


Here is the front of my re vamped pencil case. And see it fits some of my must have pens and glue and a waterbrush. It will fit more than what's in the picture :)
 
This is the back of the case. Some stamped images from Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and Emerald Creek.
 
This is what the case looked like before I started. Then I used some gorgeous paints from Momenta in Teal and Copper.

One coat of this paint gave it a good cover.

I used the copper to edge the front of the case and stencil the word 'discover" from Dina Wakely's stencil. I also sponged some of the copper over the teal before I stenciled.
Leaf stamp from Emerald Creek and one of my Minis in Leaf Green

This is one of Wendy Vecchi's border stamps in Orange Blossom.

Tim Holtz quote stamp in Orange Blossom too. I love this colour, I need to use it more.
And this small stack is my book twist. Added on with Dina Wakely Gel Medium. And that very eclectic stack of books is from my own libray, and in case anyone is interested the book are from top to bottom...Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling, The Mixed Media Artist by Seth Apter, Art Journal Freedom by Dina Wakely, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx, Falling Backwards by Jann Arden, Adventures in English Literature, my Dad's English book from 1965 and the bottom one is The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.

The finished project!

I hope you swing by the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Group on Facebook and see all the projects from the DT and don't forget to share your School Fun with a book twist project!

Thanks for stopping by everyone and have a wonderful Friday and fabulous long weekend!!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~