Sunday, August 27, 2017

Christmas Has Begun

I was so lucky yesterday to be able to pick up some of the Christmas dies from the Tim Holtz Christmas release! Before anyone else in the world (well before other stores had them)! How excited were the shoppers at the Customer Appreciation day at Clipper Street yesterday?! Crazy excited!! So many dies sold out so quickly! I was so happy to get my hands on the retro car! It had me at first sight! LOL I was excited to get that package open and try it out! Wow...there are a so many little pieces and yes I did lose two teeny weeny dots for the "i" and for the exclamation point! But perfect chance to add a touch of bling.

The completed card. Nothing to fancy on the first run, I put it together like it shows on the packaging. The blue behind the hills is just blended Iced Spruce Oxide ink then splattered with Salty Ocean Oxide ink.



Here are all the tiny bits you use to put this together. The door panels are there too, just hard to see on my Ranger mat. One thing I did have to redo was the set of black ovals at the bottom. they need to done in white so you get the image of the whitewall tires.



These are all the different papers I used for all the little bits. The plaid and the stripe are from the TH paper stash last year and were used for the bow and gift and the words. The silver holographic I used for the the 3 little fender pieces. I used a shimmer white (had in my stash and never used it before) for the snowy hills, the red for the base of the car is also a shimmery one. Two shades of green for the trees and black and white for the tire bits. The car panels are cut out of a little piece of scrap I had left over from my coffee journal I made.


And again, all the little pieces put together! :)

I am very happy to have my hands on this die and can't wait to create more cards with it. I already have a turquoise cardstock picked out for the next car and on that car I think I'll do white panels. Or not...not sure yet lol. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~