Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Birthday Balloons

Wow!! I am always amazed at how fast some months go especially February since it's less 2 days than other months already! And that means it's time for a new monthly challenge over at Mixed Media Mojo! This month's challenge is Birthday and the twist is balloons! Time to show us your birthday balloons! 







Here are a few step outs for my project I created to celebrate at Mixed Media Mojo

I started with a 4X4 wooden pallet made by a lady local to my city, a few pieces of light weight wood and two little flower pots. I painted the pallet and small wooden pieces in Lilac, let them dry and then went over them with DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze. I took my little flower pots and embossed them in Charred Gold from Emerald Creek and did the top edges in Weathered Wood.


I then cut out balloon shapes from some Wild Whisper paper I had left over, and then I coloured in random hearts and dots on the balloons and embossed them with Frosted Plum. To make the "stems" for my flower pot balloons I used my Twist and Style Tool from Eileen Hull Designs. I measured roughly where I wanted the balloons to sit and just snipped the wire into 6 pieces.



To make my little "Happy Birthday" banner I used the new Distress Oxide Inks to colour a manilla tag. I then used an old Stampin Up punch to punch out the teeny tags. I then used regular Distress Ink to edge all the little tags and all the letters too.

I used Glossy Accents to put everything together and it was ready to go. Here are a few close up pics of the details.


Love the crackle I got from the glaze and I attached a piece of Wild Whisper paper on the back of the pallet just to keep it closed in.
I added some of the new ecQuarry stones in the flower pot to make it look more organic. I used the Golden Tiger's Eye and the Black Tourmaline and the stones spread around the base are Aventurine.

I know, I know...I use Charred Gold on everything!! And I love it! Just look at the melty goodness!


And look at the amazing twist on the wire from using the Twist &Style Tool!
 
Products used for this project


Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to head on over to the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge to see all the other creations from the talented Design Team!

Cathy

Products used:
DecoArt Acrylic Paint in Lilac and Brown
DecoArt Crackle Glaze
4X4 Wooden Pallet
Wooden Squares
Wooden Mini Flower Pots
Purple and Green Wire 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~