Friday, March 31, 2017

I Am Ready For Spring!

It's time to get creative and show us your style over at Mixed Media Mojo Challenge! Our challenge this month is Springtime and the twist is showers! And if you live anywhere near Vancouver, BC you know it is big on the shower part right now!! LOL
Here is my take on the challenge, a shimmery showery card that can be used for any occasion, even as a card to just say hi or let someone know you're thinking of them.



http://mixedmediamojo.blogspot.ca/2017/04/april-showers.html




So in the stash of things I have, there is nothing resembling an umbrella or rain or anything like that and I had an idea in my head already. So I kept going through things until I hit my Dylusions Fronds of Foliage and used individual leaves as raindrops. I used Ranger Clear Texture Paste mixed with Finnabair Acrylic Sparks in Magical Pond. Once my drops were dry I edged the page in Distress Ink in Faded Jeans. I found the clock face in a package of TH stuff I just picked up last week and edged in Vintage Photo (my go to for edging most of the time).

I found some metal butterflies and used the new Finnabair waxes to add some shimmer to them, I then used Emerald Creek Quarry Stones to jazz up the bodies on the butterflies. 

Here are some close ups of the project so you can see some more of the details!

I just used the wire stems off of some flowers I had and curled them around the end of a paintbrush.


A Distress Oxide Small Tattered Floral for the clock center.

Yum!! Look at those gorgeous amethysts!


For this little guys body I used the moissanite stones.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to head over to Mixed Media Mojo to see all the incredible projects from the Design Team and share your Spring/Showers creation with us! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~