Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hello Summer!

Happy Thursday and welcome to summer with the newest Emerald Creek Dares and projects from the amazing Design Team! This week it's time to welcome summer! Time for sand, sea, shells and ice cream at the beach and fish 'n' chips from Moby Dick's in White Rock!!

My project this month is a frame that I have had kicking around for awhile and just didn't get around to my original plans for it So glad I didn't because it was the perfect frame for some of my favorite beach pictures. All seashells and driftwood are right from walks on the beach.



I made my frame all beachy by running my Distress Embossing Ink pad around it and then pouring Emerald Creek San Tropez Tan all over it and heating it!
 The background for my pics was some light tan colored cardstock I had in my stash so i inked all around the edges with Vintage Photo, Broken China and Dusty Concord. My starfish stamp is embossed in Frosted Plum. Just to add a bit of interest on the sides I wrapped some hemp twine in natural and purple around the frame.

I also embossed my linked heart charm in the San Tropez Tan as well...just a note, do not try to pick up heat embossed metal right after you have put it down from the tweezers you used to hold it while heating! lol

The small chipboard starfish are from Southern Ridge Trading Company and also embossed in Frosted Plum.

Used some of the cameo charms and glossy accents to add my little seashells to the frame
A close up of the seashells and charms

The embossing on the frame with the hemp twine and the awesome starfish stamp.

Linked hearts charm in San Tropez Tan on a piece of driftwood
 Please check out the amazing projects from the rest of the Design Team!


Now don't forget to share your summery style with us at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge and you could win a $25 GC for the Emerald Creek Store!

http://blog.emeraldcreek.ca/

Products Used:
  
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous Thursday!!
Cathy








1 comment:

  1. Fantastic project Cathy! I love how you used the embossing powder!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~