Monday, April 14, 2014

Almost Easter time....and Blogging Along with Effy

What a nice relaxing weekend spent with family. Well Friday evening was spent making some new friends at a Stamp n Swap evening hosted by Anne Sanderson, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator just a few minutes away from me. It was nice to stamp and visit with other crafters, haven't done that since I moved here.

Saturday was spent helping my sister in her garden, yes I actually did some gardening! And got to spend time with my nephews, which is super important to me. And thanks to the swap part of the night before, I was able to have a few dollars in my wallet and I got to treat my nephews to a treat from the ice cream truck that came through the neighborhood. Doesn't sound like a big deal to most I'm sure, but to me, it was a very big deal to be able to get those wonderful little guys a treat from Auntie. Then my kids joined us and we had dinner with family and played some card game called "Spoons", new game to us but I see it being a dangerous game if it was all adults and alcohol was involved lol It was a very good day with some of my favorite people.

Sponge Bob Ice Cream and a Snowcone



Sunday was spent adventuring with my kids.  I am very lucky that my son likes to drive a lot, makes adventuring more fun because I do not love driving into the busy city or anywhere I don't know.  But we google mapped the route and headed off to a little area my sister mentioned called Deep Cove.  What a cute little neighborhood! And right on the water! Strolled down through the little park, by the yacht club and then up the little main street that had a great little coffee shop for us to try out.




Nothing too exciting, but a good weekend. I didn't create anything this weekend, except a couple little projects on Friday night, so I best get back to that this week. Have two cards going out for a monthly swap I signed up for, want to get a card made for my son's bff, pretty much my other son and get that in the mail too.

I am glad that we kept busy on Sunday since it was the 13th and it was 8 months ago on August 13 that we lost our Mom, very suddenly and unexpectedly. I still miss her everyday, and I'll probably mention her alot on my blog, she was such a huge part of my life and my kids too. I can't believe we are coming up on another holiday and she won't be here with us, I know that it's real, I was with her at the end, but it still seems so surreal that my Mom is gone.  I see all the ads for Mother's Day stuff and things like that, and I pinned a few things thinking ohh Mom would love that for Mother's Day.....then it sinks in, she's not here. This Mother's Day, I won't have a Mom. Do the rest of the the days get easier to handle? Or is every Mother's Day going to be this hard?

My beautiful Mom on her 64th birthday, just a few weeks before she was gone ♥
Well I think it is time to go check on the moon and see what's happening, wonder if the eclipse is noticeable yet. Thanks to Effy Wild and her Blog Along posts for inspiring me to get posting, I have missed a few days but I have made it for more than I thought I would!! :)

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~