Thursday, October 8, 2015

Welcome Fall

Welcome to the new blog release for Emerald Creek Craft Supplies!!!

It's all about the colors and signs of fall that are surrounding us right now. I love something about every season, but in the fall, it's all about the gorgeous colours that are everywhere. I see them in my yard, in Campbell Valley park, near my work and just about everywhere I go.

I don't decorate for all seasons but did this small wall decor piece to welcome the fall this year.

I used 2 burlap canvas boards, size 4X4 and sprayed them with Tim Holtz Distress Sprays in Wild Honey, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint, also a touch of Twisted Citron. Yes those are Scrabble tiles ( found old games at thrift stores).


I used the Thanksgiving Embossing powder and a Versamark pen to do the letters on my Scrabble tiles, because sometimes you just need a little glitter! I embossed images of the maple leaf image in the same powder just to add some sparkle to the background.


I then mixed a little Distress Stain in Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door with some Ranger Texture Paste and used a stencil for the design.

I stamped the maple leaf images and cut them all out and added them to the canvas. I used a few pop dots here and there to give it some dimension, I added a few metal curly cues and the adorable pinecone charm.


The finished project! Welcome Fall with all your beautiful colors!

Please go check out the amazing creations from the Emerald Creek Design Team


Julia Chupik
Diana Hetherington
Karons Krafty Korner  

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to enter the DARE for this month at Emerald Creek, you could win!

Cathy 

Products Used: 


Emerald Creek Maple Leaf Stamp
Emerald Creek Pine Cone Charm
Emerald Creek Thanksgiving Embossing Powder 
Emerald Creek Arctic White Cardstock

Ranger Texture Paste
Distress Spray Stain - Barn Door
Distress Spray Stain - Spiced Marmalade
Distress Spray Stain - Wild Honey
Distress Spray Stain - Peeled Paint
Distress Spray Stain - Twisted Citron


3 comments:

  1. oh I can't wait to see what comes next!!! I have been hoarding tiles.... hmmm you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and can't wait to see the finished creation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool - love love it . TFS and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~