Monday, July 10, 2017

Celebrating My Country

So much celebrating this month! My country celebrated it's 150th birthday and of course there's the 4th of July celebrations south of the border! It has been so interesting to see the patriotic creations that people have shared! So please make sure you comeand show us your summer celebration with your country's twist at the new Mixed Media Mojo Challenges Facebook page!! We can't wait to see all the incredible projects!

Here is my second project for July! 



I created a textured background using an anchor stencil and Dina Wakely Gel medium. Once it was dry I sponged on some Distress Oxide in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo.


I edged all my pieces in the Distress Oxide as well.

I used an image I downloaded for my maple leaf and then cut it out of the newest Wild Whisper paper collection called Strong & Free.

Love the word tiles from Tim Holtz. This one I cut into 3 pieces so it would fit where I needed it too.

And one of the lovely Paper Dolls, doing a little curtsy because we Canadians are polite like that!! Okay well most are, me...I don't curtsy LOL

Have this great package of different size cards and used the map one and made sure that Canada fit inside my maple leaf cut out.     

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to come and join the fun over at the Mixed Media Mojo Challenges Facebook group! Share your creations and see what the Design Team is coming up with to inspire you this month!

Have a great day!
Cathy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~