Thursday, March 10, 2016

Spring Is In The Air

Spring is just around the corner and that means....FLOWERS!!  I love flowers and taking pictures of flowers and sharing all those pictures on Facebook (and this year I'll share them here too). Spring also means more blue sky!

And we are off to Bring in Spring with a new post from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and the amazing Design Team!


Nothing says spring like bright happy flowers and blue sky! And of course you need good dirt to grow beautiful flowers. The dirt for these flowers was made by mixing Emerald Creek Burnt Copper Leaves and San Tropez Tan embossing powders! I did the blue background by tinting my Ranger Ink Clear Texture Paste with Tim Holtz Distress Spray in Broken China and using a stencil and then painted over it in Peacock Feather.

I love this Emerald Creek Daisy stamp!! So cheery when done with Wendy Vecchi's Archival Ink in Violet and Cactus Flower. The yellow flowers behind were painted with Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions paints in Bubblegum Pink and Lemon Zest. 



Hello Spring was printed with a pink metallic Sharpie on a little chalkboard I had in my stash. And to make it stand out a bit more I embossed the edges with Emerald Creek Weathered Wood embossing powder...doesn't it look incredible!? I already have more ideas for this embossing powder!!

Look at this glorious dirt!! Well it's not really dirt...it's the amazing embossing powders San Tropez Tan and Burnt Copper Leaves!!


Did I mention I love the Daisy stamp?! And I do like to use wire for my flower stems.

And these are all the supplies I used for this project.

Please remember to share your spring creations with us at Emerald Creek Dares and you could win a $25 Gift Certificate to spend at Emerald Creek Craft Supplies!

http://blog.emeraldcreek.ca/

 Time to check out the Design Team's creations!! Swing by and say hi and show these talented ladies some love! :)

Julia
Katelyn
Diana
Shilpa
Claudia
Pam

Thanks for supporting us and stopping by to see what's new!

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your amazing little garden, Cathy. Your daisies look so bright & cheerful against the blue background. I love how you combined the embossing powders to make the "dirt". Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of Emerald's embossing powders and love those layered daisies!! Wonderful creation Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great garden Cathy! I love how colourful and cheery your project is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by far one of my favourite embossing powders! love how you used it and your project is just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I love flowers also and daisies are my favorite. Your project makes me yearn for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~