Sunday, August 30, 2015

I love canvas....

I have been doing alot of creating on canvasses lately. And I have to say I love it!! I've been using 12X12 mostly but am reworking a smaller one I started a few months ago.  The one below is one I did to display one of my favorite pictures of my daughter.
I painted the background with the dreamy Dylusions Paints in Vibrant Turquoise, Fresh Lime and Squeezed Orange. Even the names of these paints are wonderful!! I sprayed a bit of my Dylusions spray in the Vibrant Turquoise to get a bit of a drippy look on one side.
I stenciled in some words and painted some wooden peace symbols, my girl is kind of a flower child even though the hippy movement was way before her time lol, she is only 22 :) I then painted some beautiful Prima flowers for embellishments.


My beautiful daughter, Sadie.    



The second canvas is one I did for my sister. Layering shades of blue from my Gelatos and from my Tim Holtz Distress Sprays, stencilling with Whipped Spackle from Faber Castell. I then punched out the ticket shapes and stamped the letters on with Ranger Archival black ink. Painted and added some chipboard embellishments and some pearls that I painted to match the red. 



My nephews on a canvas I did for my sister. 





I had also been asked by a few people to make some cards for them. One was a graduation card and one was a birthday card for a friend at work. I forgot how much I love making cards too!! LOL







Thanks for stopping in to visit and read! Have an awesome week!

Cathy


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Cathy! And very special way to display cherished photos using canvas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is truly appreciated! ~hugs~